Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Love Affair With Noodle Bowls

I love noodle bowls.  They can be healthy or indulgent, they are super quick, and they can usually be made with whatever is on hand.  The one I made most recently was a beef-broccoli-pesto concoction, and of course it was delicious.  I've never met a noodle bowl I didn't love.  Here's the cast of characters:

I did whole grain pasta to make it healthy and filling, pesto, parmesan cheese because it's pasta's bff, steamed broccoli (I love the microwave pouches), and grilled steak.  I think I used skirt steak, but any steak will do, obviously the leaner the healthier.

I started the pasta, then put the steaks on my George Foreman (love that thing), and stuck the frozen broccoli pouch in the microwave.  When the steak was done (medium rare for me please), I cut it into strips, drained my pasta and broccoli when they were finished, and tossed it all together with a generous tablespoon of pesto and a few shakes of Parmesan.  Simple, healthy, delicious.  Even my two year old loved it.



Feel free to substitute your favorite protein, or veggie.  Chicken would be good in here, maybe with sugar snap peas.  Be creative, that is the beauty of the noodle bowl :)

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment